Who is the new Dream Theater Drummer? (Minneman I reckon)
So as you might have heard, Mike Portnoy is officially and completely out of Dream Theater. Who would have thought! Not me, that's for sure.So who is the new drummer??
If I was to guess... I'd say Marco Minneman. Why?
1. He's a brilliant technical drummer and much much better than Portnoy. He's not just a great metal drummer, he's extremely inventive too and brilliant improviser.
2. He seems
like a really nice guy. I've watched one of his drumming DVD's, and he's got a great sense of humour. Of course I could be wrong :)
3. He recently played a gig with Dream Theater keyboardist, Jordan Rudess.
4. He played with the Police, and Mike Mills (Toehider) thinks that the Police are awesome, and Mike knows what he's talking about.
5. There was a post on blabbermouth.net saying that "it's just a rumour"... but the post was pretty detailed :)
6. He's about the age of the rest of the guys in the band.
7. He's German, and Germans are cool.
8. He does great drumming faces.
9. He's also a great guitarist!!
10. He's not currently in a band. Sure he's playing with Kreator a bit and doing the occasional solo show - but he's available
So of course it's going to be him!
And to which I say.... AWESOME!
I'm quite happy that Portnoy has left, I'm really sick of his bad singing... but more importantly I really think that DT have gotten stale. I didn't even buy their last album, Black Clouds and Silver Linings. (I know, I can't believe it myself).
So it's not Virgil Donati, because he's a weird guy.
Shame it's not Bobby Jarzombek - I love that guy :)
So are you happy that it's Minneman?
shramiac: I'd never heard of him but when I saw that he was playing with Jordan.......that will be the guy! I agree Donati is a little weird and he doesn't seem to stay in a band very long either!?!? He does get paid well by Pearl to do clinics and puts on a good show though.
And DT HAVE gotten a little stale, BC & SL was an overall disappointing album but most importantly... NO MORE OF MIKE'S AWFUL SINGING!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully no more "growly/burpy", whatever you call it singing, will appear on a DT album ever again!
6th of Jan, 2011
Lach B: Glad you agree shramiac that DT have gone stale.
Burpy singing :)
6th of Jan, 2011