Restoring a guitar
Last week I was given a guitar that desperately needs to be fixed up! Here's the body as it stands at the moment:
So it's got the following things that I want to fix;
- There's a number 5 on the base that needs to be removed
- Volume knob and tone knob to be replaced
- Pickup switcher to be replaced
- The back pickup has had a humbucker jammed in
- Someone has tried to remove all of the paint on the guitar but hasn't got rid of the black around the edges
- There's a bunch of drill holes !
So anyway, I've taken everything off and started sanding it back:
There's a very handy site here
that I'm basing this work off.